Financial Certificate and Visa Information

Upon admission and before the visa process can begin, international students must certify that they have funds to cover their expenses while attending Candler. This includes students who have been awarded fellowships, scholarships, or other financial support from Emory University.

The Emory University Financial Certificate is used to itemize financial support and provide documentation of sufficient funds for the first year of study (including tuition, fees, book, health insurance, travel and living expenses).

Documentation can include scholarships, personal or family savings, or sponsorships. Documentation of additional financial support is required for spouses and/or children who plan to accompany the student on dependent visas. You are not required to submit this information when applying for admission.

Fill out the financial certificate for international exchange (non-degree) students.

Financial documentation must be approved by Candler's Associate Dean of Admissions and Financial Aid and by the University's International Student and Scholars Services Office no later than July 1 in order for the I-20 (for degree students seeking the F-1 visa) or DS-2019 (for exchange students seeking the J-1 visa) to be processed in time for fall admission.

Candler’s Program Coordinator will assist in guiding you through this process and answering any questions you have.

Transfer Clearance Form

Students transferring from another school in the United States must complete the Transfer Clearance Form and request that your SEVIS record be transferred to Emory University. If your F-1 visa has expired, you will want to renew it if you plan to travel internationally prior enrolling at Candler School of Theology. Fill out the Transfer Clearance Form.